Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Conceptualizing Drivers of Change for Improved Food Security Policies: The Kaleidoscope Model. Danielle Resnick, Suresh Babu, Steven Haggblade, Sheryl Hendriks, and David Mather. March 5, 2015.
- Pathways to Growth through Smallholder Commercial Farming
in Mozambique. Duncan Boughton, Ellen Payongayong and David Mather. Workshop on Transformation of Agri-food Systems and Commercialization of Smallholder Agriculture in Mozambique: Evidence, Challenges and Implications. Maputo. December 9, 2013.
- Smallholder Behavioral Responses to Grain Marketing Board Activities in Dual Channel Marketing Systems: Overcoming Modeling Challenges & Evidence from Zambia & Kenya. Nicole M. Mason, David Mather, and T.S. Jayne. Presentation at the mini-symposium on “The Microeconomic Effects of Grain Marketing Boards on Farm Households in sub-Saharan Africa: Modeling Challenges, Empirical Evidence, and Implications for Research & Policy”, International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 22 August 2012
- The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya. David Mather and T.S. Jayne. Selected paper presented by Mather at the International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 19 August 2012.
- Measuring the Effects of Prime-Age Mortality on Rural Households: Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, and Zambia. David Mather, Thomas S. Jayne, C. Donovan, M. Weber, L. Bailey, E. Mghenyi, K. Yoo, E. Mazhangara. Powerpoint presentation for USAID Annual Review, MSU, March 2004
- Measuring the Effects of Prime-Age Mortality on Rural Households: Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, and Zambia. Thomas S. Jayne, M. Weber, C. Donovan, D. Mather,L. Bailey, E. Mghenyi, K. Yoo. Presentation at the USAID/AEPS Workshop in Johannesburg, South Africa, September 2003.