Recent Research and Policy Presentation Videos
- Promoting US national interests through supporting agricultural development in Africa, by Thomas Jayne. (Jayne Written Testimony & Presentation) Testimony and discussion with the U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Agriculture, Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 10:00 am on the topic of “The Next Farm Bill: The Future of International Food Aid and Agricultural Development”.
- Boserup and Beyond: Land Pressures in Africa - Thomas Jayne. IFPRI Seminar. Sept 4, 2014
- Future Investments to Address Food Security at Scale. USAID’s Jeanne Downing interview with Thom Jayne. Agrilinks. Dec. 18, 2014.
- What Will it Take to Transform African Agriculture: 2013 -2030 . 2013
- Input Subsidy Programs in Developing Countries – What Works, What Doesn’t, and Why? 2013
- Increasing Agricultural Productivity and Enhancing Food Security in Africa. 2009
Recent Research and Policy Presentations
- Reassessing the Concept and Measurement of Market Access: Evidence from Zambian Maize Markets. Antony Chapoto and Thom Jayne. 2nd International Conference on Global Food Security 11-14 October 2015, Ithaca, NY, USA.
- Is the Scramble for Land foreclosing a Smallholder Agricultural Expansion strategy? T.S. Jayne, Antony Chapoto, Nicholas Sitko, Milu Muyanga, Chewe Nkonde and Jordan Chamberlin. World Bank Land and Poverty Conference. Washington, DC. March 26, 2014.
- Kenya Fertilizer Policy “Success Story”: 1990 to 2008. T.S. Jayne and Joshua Ariga. CAADP / African Union Partnership Platform Meeting. Durban, South Africa. 19 March 2014.
- Changing Farm Structure and demographics in east/Southern Africa: implications for farmland investment. T.S. Jayne, Lulama Ndibongo Traub, and Ferdi Meyer. Joint Agribusiness Department of Agriculture Forum for Africa (JADAFA). Pretoria, South Africa. 14 March, 2014.
- Land Access in Kenya: Are The Current Land Polices Fostering Inclusive Agricultural Growth? Milu Muyanga & TS Jayne. Africa Studies Center, Eye on Africa Speaker Series. Michigan State University. October 24, 2013.
- How Does Population Density Affect Agricultural Intensification and Household Well-being in Africa? Insights from 5 countries. Rui Benfica, Jordan Chamberlin, Derek Headey, Thom Jayne, Anna Josephson, David Mather, Milu Muyanga, Jacob Ricker-Gilbert. Joint MSU-IFPRI workshop on Emerging Land Issues in Africa: Implications for Structural Transformation Processes, IFPRI Headquarters, Washington, DC, April 12, 2013.