Publications (View all Dr. Lyons’ publications on Google Scholar sorted by year.
- Kickul, J. and Lyons, T.S. (2016). Understanding Social Entrepreneurship: The Relentless Pursuit of Mission in an Ever-Changing, World, 2 e. New York: Routledge.
- Lyons, T.S. (2015). Entrepreneurship and community development: What matters and why? Invited Essay, Community Development, 46 (5), 456-460. DOI: 10.1080/15575330.2015.1085194.
- Markley, D.M., Lyons, T.S., & Macke, D.W. (2015). Creating entrepreneurial communities: Building community capacity for ecosystem development. Community Development, 46 (5), 580-598.
- Kickul, J., Lyons, T.S. (2015). Financing social enterprises. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 5 (2), 83-86.
- Lyons, T.S., Wyckoff, B. (2014). Facilitating community wealth building: Understanding the roles played and capacities needed by coordinating institutions. Community Development, 45 (5), 443-457.
- Davila-Aguirre, M.C., Hanley, L.M., Lozano-Fernandez, G., & Lyons, T.S. (2014). Leveraging low-income farmers' performance through empowerment: Analysis of a sustainable initiative in Mexico, Management & Marketing, 9 (2), 173-190.
- Schulman, S.A., & Lyons, T.S. (2014). New frontiers of the innovation economy and education, Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 4 (1), 137-146.
- Lyons, T.S., Kickul, J. (2013). The Social Enterprise Financing Landscape: The Lay of the Land and New Research on the Horizon, Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 3 (2), 147-159.
- Lyons, T.S., Alter, T.R., Audretsch, D., and Augustine, D. (2012). Entrepreneurship and
- Community: The Next Frontier in Entrepreneurship Inquiry. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 2 (1), Article 1, DOI: 10.2202/2157-5665.1064.
- Lyons, T.S. (Ed.). (2012). Social Entrepreneurship: How Businesses Can Transform Society (three-volume set). Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger/ ABC-CLIO.
- Shinnar, R. S., Aguilera, M.B., and Lyons, T.S. (2011). Co-Ethnic Markets: Financial Penalty or Opportunity. International Business Review, 20 (6), 646-658.
- Lichtenstein, G.A. and Lyons, T.S. (2010). Investing in Entrepreneurs: A Strategic Approach for Strengthening Your Regional and Community Economy. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger/ABC-CLIO.
- Koven, S. G., Lyons, T.S. (2010). Economic Development: Strategies for State and Local Practice, 2nd Edition (revised and updated). Washington: DC: International City/County Management Association.
- Lyons, T.S. (2009). Skill-Based Development of Entrepreneurs and the Role of Personal and Peer Group Coaching in Enterprise Development. Economic Development Quarterly, 23(3), 193-210.
- Lichtenstein, G. A., Lyons, T.S. (2008). Revisiting the Business Life Cycle: Proposing an Actionable Model for Assessing and Fostering Entrepreneurship. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 9(4).