Hay and Grazing
Michigan Hay & Grazing Industry Research Priorities
Michigan Forage Council
1066 Bogue St., Rm A486
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1325
- Research and education on alfalfa varieties including productivity and forage quality, drying characteristics of trait-enhanced varieties, yield gaps, and other attributes that impact management.
- Research and education on soil, and seed enhancements to increase forage yield and quality including:
- Sulfur fertilizers
- Biological enhancements
- Foliar fertilizers
- Research and education on Birdsfoot Trefoil establishment, yield, & management for use across all of Michigan in hay, silage and pasture systems.
- Research and education on the management of grass/legume mixtures.
- Research and education on the use of forages as cover crops for soil improvement and livestock feed.
Last Updated: November 2016