Michigan Corn Industry Research Priorities
Michigan Corn Growers Association
Jim Zook, Executive Director
The purpose of the CMPM is to enhance the economic position of Michigan corn growers by providing for the growth and expansion of the corn industry in Michigan through foreign and domestic market development, efficient production, promotion, and research that will stimulate the demand for corn.
STRATEGIC PLAN AREAS OF INTEREST
Some of the key research goals identified through a strategic planning process are listed below and should serve as guidelines for proposal focus.
- Enhancing the value of the Michigan corn industry through new and expanded corn markets and value-added uses.
- Funding research initiatives that reflect the interests of the Michigan corn industry and will return significant value to corn farmers who fund those efforts.
- Funding innovative research to find new uses for corn and corn products that are environmentally friendly.
- Enhancing partnerships with researchers and developers of corn-based products, co-products and production research.
- Supporting research that looks at corn production systems that are sustainable, protective of the environment and economically feasible with regard to water management, nutrient utilization, pest management and conservation of resources.
- Support non-proprietary, common good research to optimize economic returns and environmental stewardship for corn production.
- Supporting demonstration and educational projects for the betterment of corn producers.
Last Updated: October 2015