Forest Pest Management
June 11, 2012
- MSU manual number: E-2045
- Prepared by: Carolyn Randall, MSU Pesticide Education Program
- Prepares you for: Michigan Category 2 exam on forest pest management
- Date New: September 2000
- Size: 112 pages, print; PDF format, 2.04 Mb
- Cost & availability: $15.50 or free online. Printed copies can be purchased from the National Pesticide Safety Education Center. The complete text of this manual is also available at no charge in a PDF format by accessing the chapters shown below. Note that the printed manual includes color photographs not found in the PDF version.
Forest Pest Management, Category 2: A Guide for Commercial Applicators
- Whole Manual, minus Appendix E
- Contents and Intro.
- Chapter 1: Principles of pest management
- Chapter 2: Minimizing pesticide impact
- Chapter 3: Application methods and equipment
- Chapter 4: Calibration
- Chapter 5: Forest types in Michigan
- Chapter 6: Disease management
- Chapter 7: Insect management
- Chapter 8: Weed management
- Chapter 9: Vertebrate pests
- Chapter 10: Laws and regulations
- Appendices: Note - Appendix E, Common Vertebrate Pests color photo section, is not included in the online version.
Sharing our bulletins with other states. The MSU Pesticide Education Program generally allows free use of information in our bulletins in government and Extension publications. However, we ask that you contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 517-432-7392 for written permission, and include appropriate citations.