MSU Federal Credit Union Internship Opportunity Award
Application Deadline: January 10, 2018
MSU Federal Credit Union Internship Opportunity Award – Spring 2018
Internship Opportunity Award Overview
Through the generosity of the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and individual donors, the MSU Career Services Network is able to grant stipend awards for undergraduate students participating in unpaid internships located in the United States during the Spring 2018 semester.
The MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award program was established to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to accomplish educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek experiential learning opportunities to further progress toward their career.
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing;
- Preference will be given to students graduating in Summer 2018 or later;
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: nonprofit organizations, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising;
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid);
- Open to U.S. based internships ONLY, preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start-up businesses in operation less than two years;
- Program is not open to students interning with an MSU department, who are interning internationally, who are past Award recipients, or graduate level students.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Internship Awards – Spring 2018
Awards of up to $1000 each are available. The number of awards will be given based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Each award ammount will be based on specific student need. Recipients will be required to express acceptance and appreciation in writing within three (3) weeks of notification of the award, and may be asked to participate in a pre-internship Career Services workshop, a post-internship donor event, and help with other program-related activities (details shared after award notifications.)
To be considered for this award, all applicants need to submit an MSUFCU Internship Award Application via Desire 2 Learn (D2L), a 500-word personal essay (prompt included below) and your current resume via their MSU D2L account through the "MSUFCU Intern Award" course.
Write a statement of up to 500 words that addresses the following information:
- Your academic and career goals
- How this internship fits into your strategy for achieving those goals (If you have not yet secured an internship, describe the “first choice” internship you are pursuing.)
- What you will be doing and learning in this internship
- Your passion for the internship
- Any financial considerations and out-of-pocket expenses that are affecting your ability to pursue this internship
Deadline to Apply: 11:59pm, January 10, 2018
All application materials must be uploaded into D2L by: 11:59pm, January 10, 2018
Info at: http://careernetwork.msu.edu/jobs-internships/Internship-opportunity-award.html.
To apply: Log into Desire2Learn, click the Self Registering Courses tab (upper right corner), search and click on the “MSUFCU Intern Award” to enroll in this course. Once added, open the course and complete the application form and upload your current resume and personal essay.
Questions regarding the application process or the D2L course, please contact:
Bill Morgan: email@example.com