Our graduates and alumni enjoy rewarding and productive lives, advancing their careers in all public and private practice areas of the Landscape Architecture Profession.
Our alumni are leaders of prestigious firms, business owners, university professors and employees in private, full-service landscape architecture, land planning, engineering, design and multidisciplinary practices. They enjoy careers in local, state and national public agencies, including city planning and parks departments, National Forest and National Parks Services and the Army Corp of Engineers.
The MSU Landscape Architecture heritage of distinguished alumni includes many important innovators and leaders of the profession.
Alumni Firms and Featured Firms
- Beckett and Raeder, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI.
- EDSA, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Giffels Webster, Detroit, MI.
- GMB Architecture + Engineering, Holland, MI.
- Hamilton-Anderson, Detroit, MI.
- Hitchcock Design Group, Naperville, IL.
- Johnson Hill Land Ethics Studio, Ann Arbor, MI.
- LandDesign, Charlotte, NC.
- Landscape Architects & Planners, Inc., Lansing, MI.
- Mannik Smith Group, Canton, MI.
- OHM Advisors, Livonia, MI.
- Outside Partnership LLC, MI.
- Professional Engineering Associates, Inc., Howell, MI.
- Site Planning Development, Inc., Charlevoix, MI.
- Smithgroup JJR, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Vidosh North LLC.
- Kenneth Weikal Landscape Architecture, Farmington Hills, MI.
How to Add Your Firm to This List
If you would like to add your firm’s web address to this list, please send the following information to: Paul Nieratko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Name,
- Name of Firm or Business,
- Firm web site address,
- Firm mailing address, and
- Firm phone number.
MSU Landscape Architecture Alumni & Advisory Board
Below is a list of the current board members. This group also publishes the LandTEXTURE newsletter annually.
- Scott Reinholt, board president, and director of sales at Landscape Forms, Inc.
- Michael Rein, board vice president, and director for state outreach at the University of Michigan.
- Cheryl Zuellig, board secretary, and vice president of SmithGroupJJR.
- Paul Weinberg, board treasurer, and vice president of planning and landscape architecture at Keith and Associates, Inc.
- Tim Britain, board member, and principal at VIRIDIS Design Group.
- Bob Chipman, board member, and principal of Robert Chipman Landscape Architect, Inc.
- Liz Dafoe, board member, and project manager at Upland Design Ltd.
- Tim Gerrits, board member, and executive vice president of GMB Architecture and Engineering.
- Debra Guenther, FASLA, board member, and partner at Mithun.
- Monica Schwanitz, board member, and landscape architect at Monica Schwanitz Landscape Architect, LLC.
- Ken Weikal, board member, and president of Kenneth Weikal Landscape Architect.
- Vanessa Warren, board member, and landscape architect at OHM Advisors.
- Dave Wilber, board member, and project manager at MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities.
- David Yocca, board member, and senior partner at Conservation Design Forum.