This two-day seminar reviews partnership taxation or an LLC taxed as a partnership. This is a good review of partnership taxation for those who prepare partnership returns or for those who want to want to understand more about partnerships and haven't filled out many partnership forms. Instructors will be Carol Wright and Trish Ugorowski.
Topics Day 1:
- Partner's reporting of form K-1 income and expenses (required additional information)
- Formation and partner's basis
- Operation and partnership basis
- Sale of the entire interest in the partnership
Topics Day 2:
- Sale of the one partner's interest to remaining partners
- Applying the partnership agreement
- Transfer of partnership interest to family members
- Termination or liquidation of a partnership including distribution
We will distribute the book, Partnership Income Taxation by Lyons and Repetti. Our power point slides with examples and short problems will be in a 3-ring binder. We will discuss IRS publications including the Partnership Audit Technique Guide, 1065 instructions and forms, as well as partnership publications. We will review web resources and related text books. This seminar offers 16 hours CE.
Instruction is from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Morning and afternoon refreshments as well as lunch are included.
Registration fee is $280 if payment is received by October 8, 2017. After that, the price increases to $300.
October 18, 2017 - October 19, 2017 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This two-day seminar reviews partnership taxation or an LLC taxed as a partnership. Register at https://events.anr.msu.edu/ITS2017/