Interested in making a difference in your community? 4-H STEAM Corps is accepting applications for Winter Corps, a group of members who will serve 900-hour positions from February of 2020 through September of 2020. Winter Corps members will serve an average of 30 hrs/week and will receive a living stipend of $6,996. The stipend will be paid out bi-weekly over the term of service. It is considered taxable income. Upon successful completion of service, Winter Corps members will receive an education award in the amount of $3,047.50. The education award can be used to pay qualified student loans, tuition, and other educational expenses. The education is good for seven years after it is earned.
We are currently looking for members to serve in the following counties:
- Alger, Allegan, Clare-Gladwin, Presque Isle, Missaukee-Wexford, Sanilac, Oscoda, and Tuscola counties.
Don't see your county listed? Reach out anyways!
If you are interested in applying, please follow these steps:
- Send your resume and cover letter to the program manager, Rachel Puckett, at email@example.com, indicating where in the state you are interested in serving.
- Interview with county 4-H staff
- Follow-up interview with Program Manager
- Receive an offer
- Schedule an onboarding session with Program Manager and county 4-H Staff
Reasons to join AmeriCorps:
- Living stipend
- Up to $5,960 in an education award upon successful completion of the program
- Student loan forbearance
- Healthcare option
- Childcare reimbursement
- Food assistance
- Make a difference in your community