Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellows
The Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellows are a select group of undergraduate students in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) who have demonstrated significant academic achievement and participation in campus life and student leadership.
Morrill Leadership Fellows represent MSU and the CANR to prospective students, alumni, industry partners and community stakeholders on campus, throughout the state of Michigan and beyond. Morrill Fellows also help answer questions from prospective students.
Members of the Morrill Leadership Fellows receive a small scholarship per semester.
Interested students submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendation in the April preceding the fall semester in which they will sever as Morrill Fellows.
Selection as a Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellow is a competitive process including:
- All applications are reviewed by the selection committee and selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified via email and a call.
- Those selected for an interview will be asked to give a 5-minute presentation that reflects how you would promote the CANR academic programs and student opportunities to a group of prospective students.
- Following the presentation, the selection panel will ask a series of questions to get to know applications and assess their skills and abilities as a fit for the program.
Morrill Leadership Fellows represent the CANR both on campus and off campus to prospective students and alumni, as well as other college partners. Travel expense are covered by the CANR.
Applicants must be able to:
- Represent the CANR at events like the Marathon of Majors, conferences, high school career fairs and classroom presentations, college fairs, CANR alumni events and events for the community and college partners.
- Attend required training sessions and regular meetings throughout the semester.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be a part of the program through special projects and communications.
For more details on the application and for any questions, contact Nathan Westfall, CANR assistant director of student recruitment, at email@example.com or 517-884-7334.