Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellows serve as the student voice for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Due to ongoing uncertainty related to the novel coronavirus, the Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellows program is paused for the 2020-2021 academic year. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We are proud of the achievements and leadership of our former fellows who serve as student voices representing CANR. We are still very committed to the mission of this select group and it is our hope and intention to be able to offer this program in the future.
In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the CANR Office of Government and Stakeholder Relations at (517) 353-9464.
- Morrill Fellows believe in and commit to the Spartan Code of Honor.
- Fellows will attend bi-weekly, one-hour meetings throughout the course of the academic year.
- Fellows will commit 8 hours per month between September and April (64 hours total) in addition to bi-weekly meetings.
- Fellows will represent the CANR at on- and off-campus events. Events and activities may include conferences, career fairs, alumni events, industry meetings, legislative visits. Travel reimbursement will be provided with advance approval.
- Fellows will use Microsoft Teams for communication with CANR leadership and their peer fellows.
Selection is a competitive process.
- All applications are reviewed by the selection committee and selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified via email and a call.
- Those selected for an interview will be asked to explain how they are well positioned to serve as a student voice when representing the CANR. As part of that, the selection committee will ask a series of questions to get to know applicants and assess their skills and abilities as a fit for the program.
- Recommendations will also be taken into consideration.
Use the links below if you are interested in becoming a Morrill Fellow, or would like to nominate a student or submit a recommendation on behalf of a student.
For more details on the application and for any questions, contact the CANR Office of Government and Stakeholder Relations at 517-353-9464.