Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellows serve as the student voice for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Morrill Fellows believe in and commit to the Spartan Code of Honor.
- Fellows will attend bi-weekly, one-hour meetings throughout the course of the academic year.
- Fellows will commit 8 hours per month between September and April (64 hours total) in addition to bi-weekly meetings.
- Fellows will represent the CANR at on- and off-campus events. Events and activities may include conferences, career fairs, alumni events, industry meetings, legislative visits. Travel reimbursement will be provided with advance approval.
- Fellows will use Microsoft Teams for communication with CANR leadership and their peer fellows.
Interested students submit an application and resume.
Selection as a Justin S. Morrill Leadership Fellow is a competitive process.
- All applications are reviewed by the selection committee and selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified via email and a call.
- Those selected for an interview will be asked to explain how they are well positioned to serve as a student voice when representing the CANR. As part of that, the selection committee will ask a series of questions to get to know applicants and assess their skills and abilities as a fit for the program.
- Recommendations will also be taken into consideration.
For more details on the application and for any questions, contact the CANR Office of Government and Stakeholder Relations at 517-353-9464.