Undergraduate Majors & Minors
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) provides students an academically challenging environment where they put their knowledge into practice on campus, in Michigan and around the globe.
When our students graduate, they enter the workforce with skills that are in high demand and have global impacts.
Our students use the principles of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business and creative design to tackle some of the world's biggest problems related to food, health and the environment.
Changing Your Major or Minor
It's normal for students to look into different fields during their experience at MSU. Taking a career assessment through MSU Career Services Network can help students understand where their interest lie and offer some insight into different majors and options.
If you're thinking about changing your major, minor or concentration in the CANR, please set up an appointment with your academic advisor by email or through msu.campus.eab.com.
Various undergraduate minors are offered by the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Students should consult their advisors to learn which specific requirements apply to their degree programs.
- Minor in Agribusiness Management
- Minor in Agronomy
- Minor in Applied Development in International Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Minor in Beverage Science and Technology
- Minor in Conservation, Recreation and Environmental Enforcement
- Minor in Entomology
- Minor in Environmental Economics
- Minor in Food Industry Management
- Minor in Food Processing and Technology
- Minor in Forestry
- Minor in Forestry Field Applications
- Minor in Horticulture
- Minor in Leadership in Integrated Learning
- Minor in Marine Ecosystem Management
- Minor in Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology
- Minor in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- Minor in Sustainable Natural Resource Recreation Management
- Minor in Technology Systems Management
- Minor in Turfgrass Management
- Minor in Urban and Community Forestry