To build relationships that serve our college, alumni, students and friends of MSU.
The board consists of seventeen members representing each of the college departments, MSU Extension, young alumni and six at-large members. These members meet four times a year: September, December, March and July. Meetings are held in East Lansing.
- In addition to board meetings, board members are expected to be available for phone conference calls.
- All board members must be recognized annually as Spartan Loyal, with at least $100 in cumulative annual gifts to the University, with at least a portion of the $100 designated to CANR alumni initiatives.
- Members are to serve on at least two committees.
- Board members serve as advisors to the director of alumni relations and special events of the CANR Alumni Association regarding alumni programming, as well as liaisons between the college, the academic departments, the alumni and the agriculture and natural resources industries.
- In addition to attending board meetings, members are expected to host and assist with special events.
- Members of the board do not have fiduciary responsibility. However, board members are to actively engage in fundraising in ways that are best suited for the individual. This may include individual and business solicitations(s), undertaking special events, writing mail appeals and thank you letters, phoning individuals and the like.
- Board members make a good faith agreement to assist in the growth of the organization.
- Board members may serve two (2) two year terms. Terms begin September 1.
Alumni Board of Directors
Current Board Members
Ex-Officio Board Members
Nominations are currently being accepted.