View information by type
Want a way to explore your creative side?
Express your creativity with 4-H! Draw, paint, take photos, dance, clown, make music, work with wood or make crafts. Have fun and gain self-confidence as you build your performing and visual art skills.
Did You Know…
Young people who participate in the arts for at least three days each week for at least one year are:
- Four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- Three times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
- Four times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
- Three times more likely to win an award for school attendance
- Four times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem
Source: Americans for the Arts, 2009
For more information on how to get involved as a youth or volunteer, contact your county MSU Extension office or one of our 4-H arts experts.