Rafael Auras, Ph.D.
School of Packaging, Michigan State University
P: +1 (517) 432-3254
As part of our work in packaging research and teaching, I am in the editorial board of several journals, and I am and have been also part of several associations. Below, you can find a short compendium of them.
- Food Packaging and Shelf Life – Elsevier. Editorial Board Member since 2016.
- Polymers – MDPI AG, Basel, Switzerland. Editorial Board Member since 2018.
- Journal of Packaging Technology and Science – Wiley & Sons, Ltd. Editorial Board Member since 2019.
- SPE, Society of Plastics Engineering, Member since 2004.
- ACS, American Chemical Society, Member since 2004 -2008, 2011.
- BPI, Biodegradable Product Institute, Review coordinator for ASTM D6400 and D6868 composting certification. (2006 - 2012)
- SPC, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, representative member for the SoP since 2006. Executive Committee member October 2007 - March 2009.
- IFT, Institute of Food Technology, Member 2004 2010; Member at large September 2005- September 2007. Secretary 2008-2009.
- NAFSS, National Alliance for Food Safety and Security, Member.
- Packaging Saves Food Research Group (PSFRG), (2017- present), Member.
- Cirul-a-bility Network (2020 - present), Member
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and School of Packaging at MSU
- College Advisory Committee (CAC), CANR, MSU, 2019-2021 – Member; 2020-21 - Chair.
- CANR program learning outcomes (PLOs) group, MSU, 2015-2017.
- Advisor Committee, School of Packaging, MSU, 2007-2009, 2016-2019, 2020-2023.
- Graduate Committee, School of Packaging, MSU, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2014-2017.
- Strategic Planning Committee, School of Packaging, MSU 2006-2007, 2014-2015.
- Curriculum Committee, School of Packaging, MSU 2006-2007, 2015-2017, 2019-2021.
- Search Committee Director of School of Packaging, MSU, 2003-2004, Member.
- Search Committee Polymer Chemist position, MSU, 2015-2016, Member.
- Search Committee Packaging Distribution position, MSU, 2018-2019, Chair.
- Search Committee Wood and Cellulosic Packaging position, MSU, 2021-2022, Chair.