Scholarships & Awards
Barry County 4-H Advisory Council has developed scholarship to help 4-H members fund continuing education beyond high school. Funding to support this is raised by the annual hot dog sale at the fair.
- Youth must be a high school senior or a high school graduate.
- Youth must have been active in 4-H programming during 3 of your last 4 years of 4-H eligibility.
- The last year of active 4-H participation must have been in the Barry County 4-H Program.
- Youth must show proof of acceptance for admissions to an accredited university, college or vocational program. Second time applicants must provide enrollment verification.
Here is the link to the Barry County 4-H Scholarship
Travis Wenger was a Barry County 4-H member passionate about the 4-H beef project. Travis’s family and friends created this scholarship to honor his memory.
- Student must be a graduating senior or a full time (minimum 12 credit hours) freshman at an accredited institution or vocational program.
- Student must be accepted to an accredited college, university or vocational institution.
- Student must provide at least three letters of recommendation from the following areas: 4-H Leader, teacher, coach, employer, pastor, neighbor or athletic director. Letters from immediate family members WILL NOT qualify.
- Student will be evaluated on essay content. Essay must include:Student must be an active 4-H member and participant of the Barry County Fair for the last four or more consecutive years.
- The value of the 4-H program from previous experiences to future endeavors.
- Explanation on how 4-H has prepared the applicant for his/her future.
- Involvement in community service projects including contributions during fair week.
Here is the link to the Travis Wenger Memorial Scholarship
Our Barry County 4-H Advisory Council offers awards for 4-H members, leaders and community supporters. 4-H Advisory Council also has scholarships available to assist 4-H members and leaders with educational training and experiences. Links to the information can be found below.
- Alumni Award Application/ Nomination
- Outstanding Leader Award Application/ Nomination
- Leader to Youth Award Application/ Nomination
- Leadership & Citizenship Achievement Award Application/ Nomination
- Meritorious Service, Citation For Outstanding Service, Fair Book Honoree(s) Award Application/ Nomination