Here you will find information about bovine leukemia virus and what it means to your herd or your clients' herds. You'll also find the latest updates and news from ongoing BLV research at Michigan State University. As you browse the site, we hope you find it not just informative, but practical and useful. Please feel free to contact us - we value your input!
- BLV Basics: Introduction to Bovine Leukemia Virus
- BLV Biology: Pathology, Impact, and Genetics of BLV
- BLV Management: Monitoring and Reducing BLV
- Producer Tools: Videos and Downloadable Tools
- Research Team: Meet the MSU Researchers Studying BLV
- Team News: Hear the Latest from MSU Researchers
- Resources: Articles References and Video Library.
Official BLV News
Published on October 10, 2023
If you are in the cattle industry, whether dairy or beef, and the health and well-being of cattle are important to you, then register now for the International All Things BLV Conference November 8-10, 2023, at the Michigan State University Henry Center.
Published on July 29, 2022
What does it take to reduce the prevalence of a common disease in cattle? The project that provided a roadmap to eradicate BLV.
Published on June 2, 2021
Taking on a seemingly intransient disease can be a winning battle with new tools provided through grants from the Michigan Alliance for Animal Agriculture.