How to Join 4-H
If you are interested in joining 4-H in Clinton County, please contact Corissa Harris at the Clinton County MSU Extension office at (989) 224-5227.
4-H State Events
- Statewide Events
- 4-H Capitol Experience
- 4-H Exploration Days
- Great Lakes Natural Resources Camp
- 4-H Volunteer Training Workshop Schedule
- Michigan 4-H Website
- National 4-H Supplies
- Equine Advisory Committee Application
- Youth Year End Forms
- Leader Year End Forms
- 4-H Online Enrollment Guild
- Fall 4-H Family Fun Night
What does 4-H offer?
- For kids, 4-H offers fun learning opportunities through 4-H clubs, afterschool programs, and local, state and international events.
- For older teens, 4-H offers opportunities to set goals, develop strategies to reach those goals, and take leadership for sharing their skills, knowledge and talents to make their communities stronger.
- For adults, 4-H offers research-based support and training in age-appropriate learning methods and materials to help plan activities and projects for young people in safe, nurturing environments.
Clinton County 4-H Trips
The 4-H Council sponsors a trip program for all active 4-H members. This program is unique to Clinton County and has existed in some form for many years. Every year, each 4-H member may earn the opportunity to participate in a trip that is planned especially for their grade by meeting some basic criteria.
The criteria for earning a trip is that youth must:
- Be enrolled in a Clinton County 4-H Club by April 1st of the program year.
- Complete at least one project during the program year
- Participate in a minimum of 50% of the general meetings of their local 4-H club
- Participate in a helping job at the Fair
- Completion of the annual 4-H Member Year End Report & submit it to the club Organizational Leader by September 1
Youth must also be enrolled in a Clinton County 4-H club at the time they participate in the trip.