Welcome to the Clinton County MSU Extension web page. We hope you are able to find the information and resources you need here. If you have any questions or need help finding anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Plat Books: Clinton County
2022 Clinton County Plat Books are currently available at the Clinton Office for $25. To have a Plat Book mailed to you, please send your request and $28 to cover Plat Book and shipping to 100 E. State St., Ste. G100, St. Johns, MI 48831. Plat Books are published every 3 years. A portion of the proceeds from each plat book goes to Clinton County 4-H.
Toll Free Lawn and Garden Hotline: 1-888-678-3464 (1-888-MSUE-4MI)
Staffed by MSU Extension consumer horticulture educators and Master Gardener volunteers, the hotline is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to Noon. Select option “1” to speak directly with a gardening expert. You can also visit the Gardening in Michigan website for articles, videos, training opportunities, ask an expert, and links for other resources.
Home Soil Testing Kits are available at Clinton Office to purchase for $26. You can also order them online from the MSU Bookstore, Bulletin E3154. The kit includes instructions for collecting soil samples, a postage paid mailer and the information forms to fill out. Soil sample results are emailed within 10 days after they are received in the soil testing lab.
Commercial soil sample boxes are $18 each, postage not included. Information forms and bags can be purchased from the Clinton MSU Extension office.
Click on articles below for soil testing resources:
- Soil testing through MSU Extension – MSU Extension home lawn and garden and commercial soil tests provide access to personalized fertilizer recommendations for thousands of Michigan residents every year.
- Successful nutrient management begins with soil sampling - Soil analysis and fertilizer recommendations are only as good as the samples you submit.
- Gardening in Michigan – Various resources for soil, water, vegetables, fruits, flowers, trees, shrubs, plant problems, tip sheets, and preservation.
Select Extension Educational bulletins/publications are sold in the Clinton Office, however, it is best to call ahead for availability of bulletin you are looking for. You can also search for and order bulletins at the MSU bookstore – shop.msu.edu.
Pesticide Applicator Certification and Training
- Pesticide Applicator Training Manuals including some free downloads
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) - Licensing, Testing, and recertification information
- Recertification Seminars for renewal by credit or for MSU Extension opportunities specifically, contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.