Welcome to the Clinton County MSU Extension web page. We hope you are able to find the information and resources you need here. If you have any questions or need help finding anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Plat Books: Clinton County
2018 Clinton County Plat books will be available soon - you may call 989-224-5241 to check on status. 2015 Clinton County Plat Books are currently available at the Clinton Office for $20. To have a Plat Book mailed to you, please send your request and $28 to cover Plat Book and shipping to 100 E. State St., Ste. G100, St. Johns, MI 48831. Plat Books are published every 3 years. A portion of the proceeds from each plat book goes to Clinton County 4-H.
Toll Free Lawn and Garden Hotline: 1-888-678-3464 (1-888-MSUE-4MI)
Staffed by MSU Extension consumer horticulture educators and Master Gardener volunteers, the hotline is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 4 p.m. (winter hours are limited). Select option “1” to speak directly with a gardening expert. You can also visit the Gardening in Michigan website for articles, videos, training opportunities, ask an expert, and links for other resources.
Home Soil Testing Kits are available at Clinton Office to purchase for $25. You can also order them online from the MSU Bookstore, Bulletin E3154. The kit includes instructions for collecting soil samples, a mailer and the information forms to fill out. Soil sample results are emailed within 10 days after they are received in the soil testing lab.
Commercial soil sample boxes are $12 each. Information forms and boxes can be purchased from the Clinton MSU Extension office, just bring in approx. 2 cups of soil (please review the links below for sample collection).
Click on articles below for soil testing resources:
- Why Test Your Home Lawn and Garden Soil? – How to get your soil tested, taking the soil sample, understanding results, area calculator, fertilizer calculator, ask an expert, further resources.
- Successful nutrient management begins with soil sampling - Soil analysis and fertilizer recommendations are only as good as the samples you submit.
- Soil sampling for the pre-sidedress soil nitrate test – Specific pre-sidedress soil nitrate test guidelines for timing, handling and interpretation are critical to capturing all of the economic, environmental, and agronomic paybacks.
- Gardening in Michigan – Various resources for soil, water, vegetables, fruits, flowers, trees, shrubs, plant problems, tip sheets, and preservation.
- Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory
Select Extension Educational bulletins/publications are sold in the Clinton Office, however, it is best to call ahead for availability of bulletin you are looking for. You can also search for and order bulletins at the MSU bookstore – shop.msu.edu or by calling (517) 432-1859 or (800) 709-9195.
Pesticide Applicator Certification and Training
- MSU Extension Pesticide Training & Certification
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD)
- MSU Extension Events – Filter your search by Topic – Agriculture to find training opportunities, events, and ways to earn RUP and CCA/CEU credits.
All exam and scheduling questions should be addressed to the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) at 1-800-292-3939.