Visitors are welcome to walk the trails at Corey Marsh Ecological Research Center.
Directions to CMERC
Corey Marsh Ecological Research Center is open to the public. We are located at 9422 E. Herbison Road in Laingsburg, Michigan. Please note that it is easiest to find us by navigating via GPS to Corey Marsh Ecological Research Center.
Directions from I-69 E/Flint
Take exit 92 for Webster Rd toward Bath, turn right on Webster Rd, go to 4-way intersection and turn right on Clark Road. Drive ~3.5 miles and turn left onto Peacock Road (dirt road), drive 1.0 miles and turn left onto Herbison Road. Continue down Herbison Road and pull into the designated parking areas on the left.
West of the Trailhead Kiosk (beyond the gate):
- Beyond this point you may enjoy low-impact, non-motorized recreational activities, including walking, wildlife-viewing, photography, cross-county skiing, and snow-shoeing.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No pets (even on a leash).
- No horses.
- No hunting, fishing or trapping.
- No bikes.
- No littering or dumping of refuse.
- No fires or camping.
- No removal or destruction of vegetation and wildlife.
East of the Trailhead Kiosk (before the gate):
- Leashed dogs are welcome.
Note: Firearms and weapons are prohibited on Michigan State University property. As such, we cannot provide hunter access to the Rose Lake State Wildlife Research Area from our parking area.