Michigan and Marijuana Webinar Recordings - 2019
Contact: Mary Reilly
In 2019 Michigan State University (MSU) Extension, in partnership with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), developed a webinar series for local government officials to learn the latest about the implementation of the MRTMA (Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act). Materials presented in the webinar series were peer-reviewed by LARA Marijuana Regulatory Agency staff. NOTE-- these webinars were recorded in 2019. Information may be dated as administrative rules or legislation are adopted.
Background: On Nov. 6, 2018, Michigan voters approved Proposal 18-1, which created the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act (MRTMA) and legalized adult marijuana use for recreational purposes. Unlike the 2016 law regulating medicinal marijuana where communities were automatically “opted out”, the 2018 law automatically “opts-in” all municipalities. Learning and responding to this in a timely way is critical. Each municipality should decide the extent to which it chooses to allow or prohibit state-licensed recreational marijuana. Is your community ready to make a decision?
Webinar Series Topic Areas:
- What’s Next for Marijuana? The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act
- How to Frame a Public Conversation Around Local Marijuana Regulation
- To Ban or Not to Ban: Example Michigan Marijuana Local Government Regulations
- Industrial Hemp Regulation, Research and Prospects for Development
- Marijuana Revenue: From Excise to Property Taxes – Who gets what?
- The Latest from LARA on Marijuana Regulation
All six pre-recorded webinars are provided with the $20 registration.