HRT 219: Landscape Computer Aided Design
Course Code: HRT 219
Credits and Offerings
- 2 credits (3 hours per week)
- Spring semester of even years - first 10 weeks of semester only
Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) in Landscape Design. Emphasis will be placed on developing CAD skills necessary to efficiently create landscape designs. In addition students will gain experience in making calculations, developing quantity take offs, and creating materials lists. Intended for students with little computer background. Course will use AutoCAD 2012 and Land F/X software.
After completing this class students will:
- Know how to use AutoCAD for basic landscape drafting and design applications.
- Will create Landscape Designs from start to finish using AutoCAD and Land F/X.
- Will create quantity take offs, materials lists, and accurate area calculations, from their drawings.
- Will be exposed to 3D landscape modeling using Land F/X and Google Sketch Up.
- Basic computer drafting using AutoCAD
- Creating landscape plant symbols
- Building a landscape plant pallet
- Landscape drafting using AutoCAD and Land F/X
- Landscape calculations and quantity take offs
- Drawings are real world residential landscapes with actual owner wants and needs.