My Horse University: Horse Nutrition
In this course you will learn about many aspects of horse nutrition, including anatomy, horse behavior, nutrients, nutritional requirements, feedstuffs, evaluating and balancing a ration, diseases affecting nutrition, and feeding management.
More specifically, you will learn about:
- The digestive anatomy of a horse and how it functions
- Ingestive behaviors of a horse, including grazing, feed intake and herd interactions
- How the major nutrients are digested, absorbed and used by equine
- Evaluating the nutritional status of your horse
- Nutritional requirements for broodmares, growing horses, equine athletes and geriatric horses
- Feedstuffs, including forage, grains and supplements
- How to develop and evaluate a feed ration
- How diseases can affect the nutritional requirements of a horse
- Feeding management strategies
Fore more information about the My Horse University program visit: https://www.myhorseuniversity.com/.
Self-paced Online Course
To register for this course you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are below.
- STEP #1: Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account.
- STEP #2: Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: Horse Nutrition Registration Page
- STEP #3: Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
Note: If you need to reset your password at any time go to https://auth.msu.edu/ and select the option for "Need help Signing in."
For more information, please contact Dr. Christine Skelly at email@example.com.
If you have any technical problems, please contact the Michigan State University IT Service Desk from 7am-12am Monday through Friday and 10am-12am on Saturday/Sunday, any day that the University is open.
- Phone: (517) 432-6200
- Phone (toll free): 1 (844) 678-6200
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
What URL do I go to for logging into the course?
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page. Login with the email address and password you set during the registration process.
I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly.
I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
If you need to reset your password at any time go to https://auth.msu.edu/ and select the option for "Need help Signing in."