Animal Heat Stress Management
- Water use for heat abatement - Faith Cullens, Sept. 2013
- Dry lotting your cows allows pasture to recover after drought - Drought conditions call for a drylot plan to avoid pasture stress.
- Feed planning and management, more critical this year than in the past
- Seven practical heat stress abatement strategies - Minimize heat stress in your dairy cows by following these strategies.
- Heat stress affects heifers and growth rate - Cooling cows is well known to have an economic return, but there are advantages to keeping heifers comfortable too.
- Heat stress in dairy cattle - Heat stress causes major economic loss for Michigan dairy producers.
- Managing for reproductive success of dairy cattle during the heat - Cow-cooling is key to managing reproductive challenges due to heat stress.