Escanaba Community Garden Plots Now Available!
Are you interested in growing your own food and meeting other gardeners?
The Escanaba Community Garden is located on county/airport property at the corner of Hwy 41 South/ 23rd Avenue South. As part of Michigan State University Extension, the Escanaba Community Garden is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization. MSU Extension and MSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteers help coordinate the garden. There are two Extension Master Gardener Volunteers who help with the operations of the garden and are available to provide gardening education especially for beginning or first -time gardeners.
- The Garden is plowed by teams of horses in early spring. The event is open to all gardeners and the public.
- Water is available for all plots.
- Compost bins are available and managed by the MSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteers.
- Educational workshops and garden grilling parties are planned, and all gardeners are welcome.
Signing up for the garden includes:
- Attend the MANDATORY Garden Orientation on Wednesday, April 26 at either 2 p.m. or 6 p.m. EST at the Delta County MSU Extension Office, 2840 College Avenue, Escanaba, MI
- Complete the Community Garden Plot Rules Agreement, select your plot location, and purchase your 30’x30’ plot for $40 (Cash or check made out to MSU)
Questions? Contact Dianna Lawson MSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer at (906) 786-6362.
This program is supported by a grant from the Community Foundation for Delta County (an affiliate of the Community Foundation of the Upper Peninsula).