Support Resources for Sexual Assault and Relationship Misconduct

CANR’s land-grant mission is about connecting with the people from different places, backgrounds and perspectives. Those relationships are built on trust. Our shared values of inclusion, dignity and respect inform what we do and how we behave as Spartans. 

As a community, we strive to listen and respond to each other in ways that ensure dignity for all. We value the opinions and expertise of our students, faculty and staff to help improve our teaching, research and extension programs. 

Don’t be afraid to share your voice, to ask questions, to be part of the broad conversations in regards to diversity and inclusion. Let’s be a part of making MSU better together.

General Resources

Offices & Centers

Student Resources

Student Health & Wellness Programs

University Ombudsperson

Not sure who to contact? The Office of the University Ombudsperson can assist students in resolving conflicts and is a confidential place to talk through specific student issues and concerns.


Individuals wishing to report an incident of relationship violence or sexual misconduct can complete the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) online incident reporting form or contact OIE at (517) 353-3922, as well as MSU Police at (517) 355-2221.

Through the reporting process, individuals can request interim and protective measures, receive referrals to campus and community resources and request an investigation.

CANR Resources

CANR faculty and staff should contact their chair or director first. The college also has a Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Liaison.

CANR Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Liaison