Extension Extras is a new daily resource for parents and caregivers of young children who are finding themselves suddenly home all day during the novel coronavirus pandemic. Extension Extras will focus on:
- Mindfulness on Monday - developing mindfulness habits, breathing, yoga and learning to calm down.
- Tips on Tuesday - focusing on parenting skills, supporting children's feelings and social and emotional health/wellness.
- Working on Wednesday - learning more about how to set chores, schedules and routines.
- Thinking on Thursday - supporting learning activities, including math, science and early literacy.
- Fun on Friday - with a focus on physical activity, outdoor play, crafts and games.