Scholarships for 4-H educational opportunities
General County Scholarship
Youth 4-H members who are attending state or national 4-H events, workshops and camps are eligible to receive a county scholarship for registration fees. You must contact the Extension office prior to registering so that we can assist with registration as this scholarship can often be applied directly toward the cost of registration (meaning you do not have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed for this scholarship) and knowing the specific event will allow us to assist with this process. These scholarships are funded thanks to the Tractor Supply Company Paper Clover Campaign that occurs every fall and spring. Scholarship fund amounts vary depending on the cost of the event. Examples of common events are below:
- State 4-H workshops: $30 scholarship
- 4-H Exploration Days: $40 scholarship
- 4-H Capitol Experience, Great Lakes and Natural Resources Camp, or other state camp event: $80 scholarship
- Citizenship Washington Focus or other National 4-H event: $200 scholarship
Eaton County 4-H Council 4-H Event Scholarship
All 4-H youth are eligible for a $40 scholarship from 4-H Council to attend 4-H events. Thank you to Spartan Motors for your donation which is making this scholarship possible! To learn more and apply for the scholarship, please view the form below.
Eaton County 4-H Council 4-H Exploration Days Scholarship
Starting with the 2022 4-H Exploration Days, all 4-H youth who attend this event are eligible for a $50 scholarship to attend the event, thanks to the John Simpson memorial funds. This scholarship will be available while funds last and will be automatically applied to the registration fee for youth who attend the event on a first come, first serve basis until funds are gone.
Eaton County 4-H Council Scholarship Reimbursements
The Eaton County 4-H Council will reimburse youth and adult volunteers for registration fees up to $220 for educational workshops for youth and volunteers who attend educational opportunities at state 4-H events after fulfilling all of the following requirements:
- Must complete at least one hour of Eaton County 4-H Community Service for every $20 you would like to be reimbursed for. The community services activities must be approved by the 4-H Council board and may include community service within your 4-H club or at the county 4-H level. The Eaton County MSU Extension office will have a list of approved community service activities if ideas are needed. A community service form will need to be filled out and signed. Adult volunteer hours must use the knowledge gained from the workshop.
- Youth and volunteers must make an educational short presentation at a 4-H Council meeting within two meetings of attending the event you would like to be reimbursed for. Your educational presentation must include what you learned, how it impacts your 4-H experience, at least 2-4 pictures or examples/demo of what you did, how this knowledge will impact Eaton County 4-H. (No one else will be able to make this report for the individual.)
- Each youth and volunteer can receive up to two reimbursements per year.
- Individuals who would like to receive more than $100 in reimbursement must get 4-H Council board approval prior to attending.
- 4-H Council will not reimburse for events that cost less than $40.
Jr. Dairy Association Scholarship Fund through 4-H Council
All 4-H youth enrolled in the dairy project are eligible to receive a scholarship for the registration fee for 4-H events (the event does not have to be dairy-related). Funds are limited to a maximum of $200 and two events per person per year. Example events could include: 4-H Exploration Days, state 4-H workshops, 4-H Capitol Experience, Citizenship Washington Focus and more. If you have questions about the 4-H event you would like to attend, please contact the Extension office. To receive the scholarship, fill out and return the form below to the 4-H Council treasurer.
Small Animal Association Scholarship
All 4-H youth enrolled in small animal projects (rabbits/cavies, poultry, goats) are eligible to receive a scholarship of $15 for every SAA meeting attended, up to $60 for the year for state 4-H workshops or 4-H Exploration Days. To receive the scholarship, fill out the form below.
A variety of college scholarships are available from Michigan 4-H. To view the current list of college scholarships, visit the site at http://www.canr.msu.edu/4_h_scholarships_and_recognition_program/4_h_scholarships.