Faculty Award Opportunities
Faculty may be nominated for the following MSU and ESA awards.
Entomological Society of America (ESA) awards
- William J. Beal Outstanding Faculty Award: Made each year to members of regular faculty for outstanding total service to the University.
- Teacher-Scholar Awards: Made to six members of the tenure system faculty who early in their careers have earned the respect of students and colleagues for teaching.
- Community Engagement Scholarship Awards: Provides University-wide recognition of highly engaged community-based research collaborations, etc.
- Distinguished Academic Staff Awards: Recognizes outstanding achievement of those professionals who serve the University in advising, curriculum development, outreach and teaching.
- Robert F. Banks Award for Institutional Leadership: Designed to recognize the commitment and dedication that MSU faculty, academic staff and support staff leaders demonstrate by their extraordinary and sustained efforts.
- Quality in Undergraduate Teaching: Nominations are based on commitment to and evidence of outstanding undergraduate teaching including but not limited to 100- and 200- level courses.
- University Distinguished Professor Designation: From time to time the Provost requests nominations for University Distinguished Professorships from members of the faculty, deans, directors, and chairpersons. University Distinguished Professors will have been recognized nationally and usually internationally for the importance of their scholarly achievements. They will also have demonstrated the breadth of interest characteristically encompassed by the traditional role of professor as teacher and public servant. In addition, they will have brought distinction to Michigan State University as a result of their activities.
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) awards
College of Natural Science (CNS) awards
Faculty and others may nominate staff for these awards:
- Entomology Department’s Bath Award: Awarded to an administrative or research staff member for outstanding achievement and morale among staff. Due March 15. Eligibility: (1) Excellence in overall job performance, outstanding interpersonal skills and working relationships, and contributions to the department/program that lead to efficiency, effectiveness, and other accomplishments; (2) Entomology CT, AP, APSA employees. Required Application Materials: (1) Nomination by direct supervisor; (2) Two additional support letters from faculty, staff or student members of the Department of Entomology. Previous award winners are eligible to be nominated for this award more than once.
- CANR Outstanding Team Award: To recognize and reward excellence to CANR staff team for outstanding service in the past year.
- CANR Support Staffer of the Month: Monthly recognition bestowed upon a support staff person who has done something special or noteworthy within their Department or Unit.
- MSU Jack Breslin Distinguished Staff Award: Overall excellence in job performance, supportive attitude and contributions to the unit or University that lead to improved efficiency or effectiveness, etc.
- MSU Clerical-Technical Recognition Award: Selection criteria include respect and concern for all members of campus community, diligence in daily work, etc.