Click on the links below to jump down to a certain part of this page for easy navigation.
- Classification of insect orders
- Computers and technology services
- COVID-19 Building Reopening Plans
- Department forms, time sheets and letterhead
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Entomology Extension Contacts by Area
- Grant proposal preparation
- Logos, branding and communications
- Promotion and tenure
- RCR - Responsible Conduct of Research
- Reservation calendars for the Center for Integrated Plant Systems (CIPS)
- Seminars and faculty meetings
- Technical staff employee excellence forms
- Title IX - sex discrimination, sexual harassment and violence
- Worker Protection Standard
View the Department of Entomology bylaws
Contact ANR Technology Services for setup or repairs related to computers and digital devices.
- Submit a ticket to ANR Technology Services for a service request.
- If your office is in CIPS or the Food Safety building, contact Lee Duynslager (south campus ANR Tech Services) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-5296. All other buildings should submit a ticket request.
See the COVID-19 building reopening plans for campus buildings and the items that are required for you to view/do prior to returning to work in that building
- Clerical-Technical Employee Time Sheet 2020
- Student Time Sheet 2020
- Temporary Labor Time Sheet 2020
- MSU Letter Head (black)
- MSU Letter Head (green)
Here are a few reminders regarding time sheets:
- Time sheets are due on the listed due date by 5 p.m. Time sheets turned in late will be processed in the following pay period.
- Students and Temporary Employees must have their time accounted for and recorded accurately.
- Time sheets must be signed in ink; electronic and pencil signatures will not be accepted.
- Any time beyond 40 hours per week must be paid at time and a half. Banking hours to avoid overtime pay is unallowed. Students can only work 29 hours per week while classes are in session.
- Please make sure students and temps are recording their correct accounts and sub-accounts on time sheets. Time sheets without an account number listed will not be accepted.
- Minutes need to be converted to the tenths when recording total minutes worked per day. Minutes to tenths conversion sheet.
- Contact Renee Graff (email@example.com) for student employment questions and Kelsea Logan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for temporary employment questions.
Learn about our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- MSU Research Administration Project. Support documents for using MSU’s new website for managing proposals and grants.
- Entomology Department proposal initiation form
- Graduate Assistant Pay Rates 2019-2025
- Graduate Assistant Fringe chart 2020-2026
- Fringe Rate Table
- USDA NIFA budget template
- USDA NIFA template with grad student and post doc budgeted
- Grant proposal deadlines for processing with the Entomology business office
Entomology's Joy Landis can answer questions and help you connect with communicators at college and university (CABS) level.
- View Entomology's Logos and branding page to see commonly used logos, colors and other MSU brand tools for you to use.
- Visit MSU's Branded Templates website for templates to use for posters, flyers, brochures, fact sheets and much more.
- Visit The MSU Brand website for much more resources available to you.
- MSU Academics Communications Toolkit: Why you should communicate beyond journals and peers and how to do it.
- CANR Faculty Mentoring Policy
- Demystifying Promotion to Associate Professor
- Demystifying Reappointment as Assistant Professor
- Demystifying Promotion to Professor
- Academic specialist promotion procedures
- MSU Graduate School’s resources for teaching responsible conduct of research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- RCR PowerPoint presentations on each of the federal Office of Research Integrity topics—with explanatory notes—that can be used as assigned readings and as foundational material for guided discussions.
Reserve space in the Center for Integrated Plant Systems (CIPS) with these links to calendars. Note that these links are only accessible to people on campus using the MSU Wifi or wired Ethernet network, or using the VPN.
- Dates and speakers for Department Seminar Series
- Seminars – checklist for hosting
- Faculty meetings are held the third Friday of the month, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. in the Gordon Guyer Conference Room, 244 Natural Science, unless otherwise noted.
- 2019 dates: Sep. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20.
- 2020 dates: Jan. 17, Feb. 21, March 20, April 17, May, 15.
- Performance Excellence Resources for Supervisors
- Performance Excellence forms including the optional Goal Setting and Development Plan form.
- Annual Review Form Instructions
- Annual Review form
- MSU Entomology supports cultivating a safe and inclusive campus community that is free of sex discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual violence. For resources, making a report or to understand policies, see the MSU Title IX website.
- EPA Worker Protection Standard "in a nutshell"
- PI requirements for training employees - Exposing to Health Risks and Safety Training, updated April 2019.
- Working in and around pesticides in field research: WPS and more - information from Chris DiFonzo and John Stone, published May 2018.