State Friend of Extension
Award traditionally has recognized individuals who truly have been Friends of Extension. Their efforts may have been to help promote programs, represent us as lay leaders, served as key program development persons, been program collaborators, or supported MSU-Extension in other ways. Past recipients have come from organizations, media, MSU, local government, and private business. Please follow the nomination guidelines in preparing the nominations.
Note: Nominee does not have to be an ESP member.
Please contact the current ESP President-Elect for SharePoint directions to submit a nomination.
STATE FRIEND of EXTENSION AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2020 Friends of the Detroit River, Tricia Blicharski
- 2019 4-H Volunteer Sandy Pyle
- 2018 Michigan Horse Council
- 2017 Greenstone Farm Credit Services Agency, David Armstrong
- 2016 Cliff Meeuwsen, President of Zeeland Farm Services
- 2015 Rollie Cramer & Kelly Lucas Strong (Galdwin County)
- 2014 Frank Ettawageshik, Executive Director, United Tribes of Michigan
- 2012 Senator Darwin Booher
- 2009 Anne M. Bianchi, WIC Program Director, District Health Department #10, Cadillac, MI
- 2003 MSU Trustee Don Nugent
- 2001 Philip Korson, Cherry Marketing Institute
- 2000 John Gernaat, consultant, former state representative, business owner and member of the MSU Extension and Experiment Station Council
- 1999 Senator George McManus, Jr.; Honorable Thomas Eveland, Chief Judge of Eaton County Family Court; The Meijer “Team”: Mary Beth Meijer, Child Advocate, Ann Scott, Nicholas Stover and Timothy Gordon, Meijer Inc.
- 1998 Geraldine Stelmaszek, Family Independence Agency
- 1996/1997 Tim Stiles, Kalamazoo Valley Plant Growers Coop; Bill & Doris Friesen
- 1995 Judy Watson Olsen, W.K. Kellogg Foundation; Sharon Newton Glenn, Washtenaw C. Juvenile Court; Harry Foster, Michigan Asparagus / Plum Advisory Boards
- 1994 No awards given
- 1993 F. Robert Godbold, Ingham Co. Health Dept.; Gordon LaFontaine, Michigan Turfgrass Foundation; James Long, Radio Station WJR
- 1992 Jordon Tatter, Souther Michigan Cold Storage; Elwood Kirkpatrick, Michigan Milk Producers; Roger Szemraj, U.S. Legislative Aide to Rep. Bob Traxler
- 1991 Mathew and Linda Arends; Fernwood Botanical Gardens and Nature Center; Hary Bonner, Sr.
- 1990 Judge Joanna Neale, Probate Judge, Cheboygan County; Robert Banks; Ralph Nichols, Ralph Nichols Corporation
- 1989 Ronald Nelson, Legislative Counsel, Michigan Farm Bureau; Dorie Morgan, WILX-TV 10
- 1988 John Cantlon, MSU VP for Research and Graduate Studies; J.W. Erwin, Horticulturist; Robert Driscoll, Great Lakes Farm Radio
- 1987 Congressman J. Bob Traxler; Ernest C. Browne, Michigan National Bank; Ardyce Czuchna-Curl, Michigan Farmer
- 1986 Donald Winnie, Lake and Stream Association; Michigan Food and Nutrition Commission; Sen. Connie Binsfeld
- 1985 F. King Doyle, King Milling Company; Rep. Joe Young, Sr.; Robert E. Smith, Michigan Farm Bureau
- 1984 Carolyn Shafer, Dairy Council; John Snyder, Farmers Advance; Susan Sworden, Michigan Forest Association