2022 Equine Education Super Series at Tollgate
June 29, 2022 6:30PM - 8:00PM
Registration Deadline: October 25, 2022 - 11:59PM
MSU Tollgate Farm - Upper Barn 28115 Meadowbrook Road, Novi, MI 48377
Educational Topics and Dates:
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- Topic: Horse Handling – Behavior and Safety for the Beginner. Great for youth and prospective horse owners with hands-on activities.
- Speakers: Debbie Morgan, 4-H Program Coordinator and Tom Guthrie, Michigan State University Extension, Statewide Equine Educator
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Topic: Horse Nutrition – Balancing your Horses Ration with a Focus on Forage.
- Speakers: Dr. Chris Skelly, MSU Equine Extension Specialist and Tom Guthrie, Michigan State University Extension, Statewide Equine Educator
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Topic: Horse Pasture Management – Pasture walk discussing logistics, set-up, fencing, soil test, forage species, rotational grazing and toxic plants.
- Speaker: Tom Guthrie, Michigan State University Extension, Statewide Equine Educator
Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2022
- Topic: Composting Horse Manure – come see an on-site demonstration and learn about the process and factors involved with composting horse manure.
- Speakers: Erica Rogers and Sarah Fronczak, Michigan State University Extension, Environmental Management Educators
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022
- Topic: Horse Health – Developing a Health Care Plan for your Horse
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022
- Topic: Equine Business – Budgets and balance sheets, , LLCs, Non-profits, Tax Exempt?, Am I a Farm, etc.
- Speaker: Corey Clark, PhD CFP(R) (she/her/hers), Farm Business Management Educator, Michigan State University Extension, MSU Extension FIRM Team
- Youth under 18: FREE
- $20 per person/ session
- $15 per person/session for groups 2 or more (Must register 2 or more people at one time)
- $100 per person for all sessions
- $90 per person for all sessions for groups 2 or more (Must register 2 or more people at one time)
All youth must be registered in the youth process to receive free registration.
- No refunds one week or less before the start of each session for those who attend per session.
- For those registering for the full series, no refunds on or after May 18, 2022.