2023 Montcalm County Youth Bake-Off
September 30, 2023 9:00AM - 2:00PM
Registration Deadline: September 29, 2023 - 11:45PM
Montcalm County Fairgrounds, 8784 Peck Rd, Greenville, MI - in the Ash Building
Contact: Sunni Haglund (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vicki Newcomb (email@example.com)
Montcalm, Ionia, and Kent Counties Annual 4-H Bake-Off
ALL YOUTH Ages 5 to 19 WELCOME!
Youth do not need to be a 4-H member or live in these Counties to enter.
When & Where:
Saturday, September 30th, 9am to 2pm at Montcalm Co. Fairgrounds – Ash Building
During the Montcalm County Fair Association’s Mom 2 Mom Sale
- Participant divisions:
- Cloverbuds – ages 5 to 7
- Beginner – ages 8 to 11
- Intermediate – ages 12 to 14
- Advanced – ages 15 to 19
- Specialty Category – ages 8 to 19 – Must contain at least one or more types of berries in the recipe.
- Youth may enter both their age division with any type of “baked good” & the Specialty Category but must make a separate product for each division. Deadline to Register through the Montcalm County MSUE is the 30th of September 2023 at: https://events.anr.msu.edu/Montcalm_County_2023_Bake_Off/
- Check-in 9am to 10:00am. You must arrive & check-in by 10:00am to participate. Judging starts immediately thereafter. Winners will be announced no later than 2pm.
- A 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place will be chosen in each of the Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Specialty Category divisions. 1st prize in each of these groups will be $25 and a rosette ribbon.
- All Cloverbuds will receive participation ribbons. 1st Place Winners of the Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Specialty Category divisions will advance to compete for Champion & Reserve Trophies.
- All participants will be required to consent to their recipe being published in a Montcalm County Bake-Off Cookbook to be used as a fundraiser for the 4-H Community Connection Committee (4-CCC) & left-over baked goods be sold day of event for donation to help fund 4-H CCC events.
- All entries must be “baked”, in compliance with the Michigan Cottage Foods Laws and the full recipe must accompany the entry. Recipe cards must include participant’s name and age; and are available through Montcalm County MSUE. Photos of entry are encouraged on recipe cards.
- Entries will be judged on:
- General Appearance
- Participant’s knowledge of recipe
- Presentation by the participant.
- Participants are encouraged to dress-up or wear 4-H attire and
bring the proper serving utensils and gloves.
- In the event of a tie, all judges will work together to choose a winner.
Registration for this event has closed.Get Directions