4-H Exploration Days 2023
June 21, 2023 - June 23, 2023
Registration Deadline: April 20, 2023 - 05:00PM
Michigan State University
Contact: Michelle Neff, email@example.com
What’s It All About?
About 1,000 youth (ages 12-19) and chaperones from across Michigan attend annually.
This fun MSU pre-college program could be the highlight of your summer - it could even change your life!
4-H Exploration Days registration goes from mid-March through April with session assignments made on a first-come, first-served basis. As you select your session choices, be sure to watch for age restrictions! Age requirements for sessions are based on your age as of January 1.
This MSU pre-college program is designed to:
- Increase responsibility, confidence, independence, accountability, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills.
- Increase communication, team work, citizenship, and leadership skills.
- Foster ability to meet new people and make new friends from different places and backgrounds.
- Develop and expand career and personal interests.
- Increase college exploration and access to the Michigan State University campus and its resources.
- Develop social and academic skills needed for a successful transition to college and life as an adult.
- Give youth opportunities to try things that aren’t available in their county.
What’s it like?
- There’ll be more than 100 session choices held on and off campus. You’ll choose two or three for your three-day stay.
- You’ll live in a Michigan State University dorm and eat in the cafeteria—just like MSU students do.
- Sessions are taught by people who know their stuff, including MSU faculty members, 4-H volunteers and staff members and other experts.
- It’s not all sessions! There’s plenty of time for fun, including skating, souvenir shopping, exploring, bowling, basketball—even a great dance Thursday night.
- The 2023 cost is $220. For more information please see the Registration Information page.
- The fee includes meals, a shared room in a dorm, sessions and a t-shirt. You may wish to check with your county MSU Extension office to see if scholarship funds are available.
- Registration opens March 21st, 2023. Registration books that show all of the sessions and details on everything happening during Exploration Days will be available online and from county Extension offices in by the end of Feburary.
- Registration deadlines (usually the end of April) vary by county, so check with your county MSU Extension office. Don’t wait until the deadline though, because popular sessions fill up fast!
- Contact the 4-H staff in your county MSU Extension office for more information on 4-H Exploration Days, and any specific details pertaining to your county’s delegation.
Registration for this event has closed.Get Directions