4-H Great Lakes and Natural Resources Camp
July 31, 2022 - August 6, 2022
Registration Deadline: July 18, 2022 - 12:00PM
Camp Chickagami, 6952 Kauffman Road, Presque Isle, MI 49777
Contact: Laura Potter-Niesen email@example.com
Young teens aged 13-15 have fun and experience amazing outdoor hands-on learning experiences as they go charter fishing, snorkeling, sailing, hike through forests, wade through wetlands, explore dunes and more! This really fun MSU pre-college program could be the highlight of your summer - it could even change your life!
Learning sessions and recreation are designed to:
- Increase teens’ appreciation and enjoyment of the outdoors, natural resources, and science.
- Increase teens’ knowledge about the Great Lakes, natural resources ecology and management issues.
- Develop strong attitudinal attachment to Michigan’s unique natural resources and bioregional features.
- Foster scientifically rooted environmental stewardship.
- Develop and expand career and personal interests.
- Develop leadership skills and self-confidence.
- Increase social and academic skills needed for a successful transition to college and life as an adult.
The 2022 camper fee is $500.00. The fee includes 6 nights in a cabin setting, all meals and snacks and a full day of experiential learning with Michigan State University Extension staff. Water activities, camp crafts, night hikes and charter fishing are included, plus a t-shirt!
Registration for this event has closed.Get Directions