4-H Saginaw Photography Contest
May 12, 2021 - June 18, 2021
Contact: Stacie Gath, email@example.com
Show off your creative side in the Saginaw County 4-H Photo Contest! This self-paced photo contest will run from May 12-June 18 and is open to all current or new Saginaw 4-H Members. One prize will be awarded in each division for each category. Access to a digital camera is not required. Youth will be able to participate in the project successfully using the camera on a smartphone. The contest is great for youth who are new to photography or who would like to learn more advanced skills are encouraged to join!
Photo Contest Dates:
Photo Contest will run May 12 -June 18.
- Youth will be asked to upload photos at the time of registration. Wait to register until you are ready to upload your photos.
- Registration is open from May 12 to June 30th.
- Contest is open to new or current Saginaw County 4-H Members.
- There is no cost to participate in the photo contest.
- Not a current 4-H Saginaw County 4-H Member? Visit 4-H Online to enroll and select the “4-H Photography Contest” Club.
The contest will be open to 3 age divisions:
- Junior(ages 6-9)
- Intermediate(ages 10-13)
- Senior(ages 14-19)
Photo Contest Categories:
Each participant can enter one or more of the following categories:
Youth may enter any of the follow categories. At least one category is required but youth many as many as they would like. There is a limit of 2 photo entries per category.
- Portraits (not selfies)
- Special Effects
- General (any other)
- Youth may register and submit photos at any time during the contest. The contest is designed for youth to for youth to complete the contest at their own pace.
- Each 4-H member is allowed to submit up to 2 photo entries in each category.
- Photos must be submitted digitally through the registration process.
Join us for the following 45-minute virtual (via zoom) workshops to learn more about the contest and to hear photography tips and tricks that will help you with your photos.
- May 19 (4:30-5:15pm) Workshop 1-Contest Introduction and How to Upload Photos
- May 27 (4:30-5:15) Workshop 2-Photography Tips and Tricks
Workshop Registration: https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_abGbhdVORZVATS6
Judging and Awards:
One award will be given out for each category in each division. Winners will be notified via email and winning photos will be shared through social media and the 4-H newsletter.
Judges will score photos on the following:
- Story Telling
Questions? Contact Stacie Gath at firstname.lastname@example.org