Birth Management for Sheep and Goats
February 2, 2019 9:00AM - 4:00PM
1300 Anthony Hall, 474 S Shaw Ln, East Lansing, MI 48824
Contact: Carla McLachlan at MCLACHL2@msu.edu
- Are you interested in learning how to improve birth management of your herd or flock? If so, sign up for this fun and highly informative workshop! The MSU Small Ruminant Extension team will lead you through a host of topics related to preparing for lambing/kidding, assisting with birth, and postnatal care.
- A combination of presentations and hands-on activities will inform you on how to improve your farm’s birthing program.
- Participants will learn preventative management approaches and assessment skills, as well as treatment procedures. Both novice and veteran producers alike will find this program valuable. Because of the amount and depth of information presented, students that have attended this program more than once have found it valuable.
- Topics covered include: nutritional management, use of ultrasound, facility design, newborn care, hypothermia treatment, grafting, vaccination protocols, mortality diagnoses, health and feeding program assessment.
- Enrollment is limited to 45 persons. Registration includes birth management manual, treatment poster, lunch and light refreshments. $45/person (additional members of the same family may attend for $20 each-only one manual and poster per family).