Cooking Matters for Adults
October 23, 2018 - November 27, 2018 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Alcona Health Center, 1185 US-23 Alpena, MI 49707
Contact: Alcona Health Center, 989-356-4049
Cooking Matters for Adults is a nutrition program where participants will learn how to eat healthy, cook and grocery shop on a limited budget. The program consists of six lessons, lasting two hours each. With the help of a nutrition educator, participants will gain the skills and confidence to make healthy, budget friendly meals for their family.
Each week, participants will receive take-home food, which they can use at home to practice a recipe they learned in class. The series also includes:
- Participatory food preparation that provides cooking and food safety instruction
- Engaging nutrition activities and discussions
- Practice with food budgeting
- Possibility of an interactive grocery store visit and $10 challenge
- Recipe book for use at home
- Certificate of completion
*This series is not open to the public. All participants will be registered by way of a direct referral from Alcona Health Centers. Space is limited to 10 participants for this series. If you are a patient of Alcona Health Center please contact your provider, dietician or nurse for a referral. Those interested must commit to ALL 6 classes.