Cooking with Kristi - Session 1
July 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021
Contact: Kristi Schreiber
If you didn’t have an opportunity to take the first Cooking with Kristi series, register for it now before we launch the second series this fall!
Participants will have access to the videos through a private Facebook group. Upon registration, you will receive a welcome email with a link to the Facebook group (you will need to request permission to join), PDFs of all the recipes, and links to additional videos on kitchen safety and other important topics.
The recipes included in this series are ones that youth as young as 10 years old should be able to prepare on their own after some adult instruction on knife safety. Youth under 10 years old can also make the recipes with adult assistance.
Our young cooks will:
- make some creative, tasty, and economical new foods
- learn about basic kitchen safety and sanitation
- learn a variety of cooking techniques and culinary terms
- Participants will have the opportunity to show off their completed dishes within the private Facebook group and will earn a chance at winning a prize by doing so.*
* All youth who post pictures of all six recipes by Sept. 30, 2021 will be entered into a drawing for a prize package of fun kitchen items! Participants who confirm they have completed the survey included in the initial welcome email will get an additional entry into the drawing. There will be up to 5 winners.