Cultivate Michigan Marketplace: Growing Connections in Early Care and Education in East Michigan
August 23, 2021 6:30PM - 7:30PM
Virtual - East Michigan
Contact: Garrett Ziegler, firstname.lastname@example.org and Lindsay Mensch, email@example.com
Join us to build your network in this virtual meet-the-buyers style event for East Michigan! Food suppliers will make connections and learn how to market and sell to early care and education sites, and child care providers will connect with sellers to purchase local foods for the children they serve.
Who should participate?
- Early Care and Education Providers interested in purchasing local food products from farmers, food suppliers, and farmers markets in their region. Child care centers, family care homes, Head Start and Early Head Start, tribal child care programs, and preschools based in K-12 schools are welcome.
- Food Suppliers interested in selling local foods to early care and education sites in their region. Farmers, farmers market managers, food hubs, processors, and distributors are welcome.
How the events work:
These events will facilitate connections between child care providers and food suppliers who want to buy and sell more local foods. Each event is regional in scope and intended for early care and education sites and food suppliers. Early care and education providers will rotate through virtual breakout rooms to meet food suppliers in their area. Early care and education providers and farmers/food suppliers will receive a gift card for their participation in one event.
These virtual networking events will be held on Zoom. Registration is required to participate. Prior to the event, you will receive the link to join the event at your selected time and date. If you haven’t used Zoom before, you can download the app or the web browser client.
Register for your regional event!
Each virtual event will take place from 6:30 - 7:30 pm on the following dates:
- Monday, August 16 - Upper Peninsula
- Tuesday, August 17 - Southwest Michigan
- Wednesday, August 18 - West Michigan
- Thursday, August 19 - Northern Lower Peninsula
- Monday, August 23 - East Michigan
- Tuesday, August 24 - Mid-Michigan
- Wednesday, August 25 - Southeast Michigan
- Thursday, August 26 - Southeast Michigan (Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties)
This series of marketplace events is coordinated by the Michigan Farm to Early Care and Education Network and the Michigan Farm to Institution Network with support from MSU Center for Regional Food Systems and MSU Extension. Funding comes from the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
MSU Center for Regional Food Systems appreciates the technical assistance, training, and financial support provided to us by the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists (ASPHN). The ASPHN 2020-21 Farm to ECE Implementation Grant (FIG) is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of cooperative agreement number NU38OT000279-03. This specific project, along with many other projects, is funded through this cooperative agreement that totals $3,960,000. One hundred percent of this meeting and project are funded by the Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity/National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion/CDC/HHS. The contents of these events are those of the organizers and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement by, DNPAO/NCCDPHP/CDC/HHS, or the U.S.