Cultivate Michigan Meet the Buyers Event
December 6, 2023 4:00PM - 5:30PM
Great Lakes EXPO: DeVos Place Exhibit Hall, 303 Monroe Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The Cultivate Michigan Meet the Buyers event is being held in partnership with its long-standing host, MIFFS (Michigan Food and Farming Systems) as part of the annual 2023 Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable, and Farm Market Expo (GLEXPO). It is an opportunity for GLEXPO attendees—farmers and food suppliers—to interact with regional buyers, including distributors, institutions, and retailers. Institutional buyers will be stationed at tables around the room, and suppliers will rotate to meet with buyers of their choice. Light refreshments will be provided along with plenty of time to mix and mingle!
Farmers and Food Suppliers:
Several resource providers will also be on hand to share information about current and forthcoming federal and state programs that will have resources and grants available.
Institutional Food Buyers:
Participation is open to local food buyers of all types and sizes, including institutions such as early care and education sites, public schools, universities and health systems. 10 Cents a Meal grantees are especially encouraged to attend.
Who should participate?
- 10 Cents a Meal Grantees seeking local food to spend their 2023-24 grant awards, and schools and ECE sites interested in applying to participate in 10 Cents a Meal in the future.
- Other Local Food and Institutional Buyers (such as schools, hospitals, colleges, food distributors, food hubs, etc.) interested in purchasing local food products from farmers and vendors in their region.
- Food Suppliers interested in selling local foods to institutional food buyers in the region.
- Farmers, food hubs, processors and distributors of any scale are welcome.
- Farmers, register at https://glexpo.com/gl-expo-registration/. Farmers who register to attend GLEXPO will be able to attend the event on Wednesday, as part of their registration.
- Food buyers, register at https://bit.ly/GLEXPOMeetTheBuyers. This separate registration from MFIN and Cultivate Michigan is available for institutional and other food buyers, especially if you would like to attend this event and are not planning to register to attend GLEXPO otherwise. Registration deadline is November 29, 2023.
This event is brought to you by the Michigan Farm to Institution Network, Michigan Food and Farming Systems (MIFFS), Michigan Department of Education, and the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Special thanks to the organizers of GLEXPO for helping us bring this popular event back! This event is made possible through a MDARD Specialty Crop Block Grant and generous funding from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. The Michigan Farm to Institution Network is coordinated by the MSU Center for Regional Food Systems with support from MSU Extension.Get Directions