Current Issues Affecting Michigan Local Governments: Dealing With the Threat of Invasive Species
August 28, 2019 2:00PM - 3:00PM
Contact: Eric Walcott
This program is an online webinar. The webinar link will be sent out following registration.
- Julie Crick - MSU Extension Natural Resources Educator
- Jackie Pilette - Emmet Conservation District Manager/Program Coordinator
Who Should Attend:
Elected and appointed officials at all levels of local government, as well as interested local government staff and residents.
The threat of invasive plant species pose a risk to communities across Michigan and are a danger to more than just native plant life. MSU Extension Educator Julie Crick will join us to discuss the threat of invasive species and the challenges they pose for Michigan communities. Emmet Conservation District Manager and Program Coordinator Jackie Pilette will present on the specific threat posed by knotweed, sharing why it is a particularly threatening invasive plant and helping local governments understand how to deal with it.
Potential Future Topics
- Assessing and Addressing Local Service Needs
- Road and Transportation Funding
- Public Engagement on “Wicked” Issues
- Strategic Planning in Local Government
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Engaging the Public in the Budget Process
For information on this webinar series, or to view previous webinars, visit the program page: http://msue.anr.msu.edu/program/info/current_issues_affecting_michigan_local_governments_webinar_series?