Diabetes Personal Action Toward Health (PATH)
April 16, 2019 - May 21, 2019 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
104 E. Main Street Fremont, MI 49412
Contact: Naomi Hyso
The free, six week course runs on Tuesdays from April 16 - May 21, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at:
Fremont Area District Library
104 E. Main Street
Fremont, MI 49412
The Diabetes - PATH (Personal Action Towards Health) workshop is a six-week workshop designed to provide the skills and tools needed by people living with Type 2 diabetes to improve their health and manage their symptoms. As a result, participants are better equipped to face the daily challenge of living with diabetes. Two trained leaders conduct the workshop (one or both also live with Diabetes).
Topics will include:
- How to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration.
- Learn about exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating, meal planning, label reading
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.