Eaton County 4-H Activity Kits
August 11, 2020 - September 30, 2020
Contact: For information contact Kristy Oosterhouse at email@example.com.
Are you looking for more activities this summer? Activity kits are available for Eaton County youth of all ages! Each kit provides most of the supplies needed for one youth to complete the activities and the activity directions for the activities listed below. Supplies not included are easy to obtain at home (such as scissors). Kits will be shipped to your home via USPS Priority Mail and should be ready to be mailed the week of August 17 or after.
Youth and families who purchase the kits will have the opportunity to connect with each other via https://www.gosoapbox.com/. This is a free system that can be used within the web browser of whichever device you are using. The system will feature a chance for youth to discuss the activity kits and also feature tips for the activities. The access event code will be sent in the registration confirmation. These kits are great for club leaders to facilitate via virtual club meetings for youth members!
Cost: $5 per kit (kit cost offset thanks to the Eaton County 4-H Endowment fund)
20 of each kit type are available. Once capacity is reached, please sign up for the waiting list. If there is enough interest, we will reorder supplies to do another round.
Available activity kits:
- Teaching Science when you don't know Diddly Squat: Wind Powered Cars
- Use various materials to make a car run off of wind power!
- Catapult Creation
- Engineer a swinging arm catapult that will launch a pom pom 6 feet!
- Does not include the following supplies: scissors, stopwatch (suggested to use phone stopwatch), fan, any miscellaneous materials to set up a course for the car (such as a chair or table, can be anything the car moves around), hole punch (if desired to make holes in materials)
- Animal Science Anywhere: Creating and Evaluating Steaks
- Learn about meat selection, the importance of marbling and leanness, and practice making your own steak from modeling clay!
- Livestock Makers Science Experiment: Animal Round Up
- Examine how animals view their environment and how systems to move animals affect animal behavior.
- Does not include the following supplies: scissors, stopwatch (suggested to use phone stopwatch), paper plate, cardboard
- String Art
- Learn how to use string art to make the 4-H clover!
- Paper beads
- Make your own paper beads for jewelry!
- Does not include the following supplies: scissors, hammer