Financial Preparedness for Disasters
December 11, 2019 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Contact: Brenda Long
Prepare in Advance for Disasters
If a disaster occurs, the government and disaster-relief organizations will try to
help you, but you need to be ready as well.
No one is ever 100 percent prepared for a disaster. To be better prepared
financially, you can take the following actions before a disaster happens:
- Get the insurance you need
- Set money aside in an emergency savings fund
- Keep some cash in a safe place
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Consider arranging for online or mobile banking
- Keep financial documents in a safe place
Online - The class will be held via Zoom. It is recommended that you have a microphone and webcam, but it is not necessary.
Registration is required