Financial Preparedness for Disasters
February 8, 2021 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Contact: For information, contact Brenda Long at 616-527-5357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb. 8, 2021
12 - 1 p.m. EST
Prepare in Advance for Disasters
If a disaster occurs, the government and disaster-relief organizations will try to help you, but you need to be ready as well. No one is ever 100 percent prepared for a disaster. To be better prepared financially, you can take the following actions before a disaster happens:
- Get the insurance you need
- Set money aside in an emergency savings fund
- Keep some cash in a safe place
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Consider arranging for online or mobile banking
- Keep financial documents in a safe place
Location: Online - The class will be held via Zoom. It is recommended that you have a microphone and webcam, but it is not necessary.
Registration: is required