August 8, 2019 - August 15, 2019 Thursdays 8/8 & 8/15 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Focus Hope 1360 Oakman Boulevard Detroit, MI 48238
Contact: Elizabeth Martinez
This homeownership seminar from MSU Extension will provide you with valuable information about the home buying process, and will teach you:
- The advantages of homeownership
- The steps in the home buying process
- The costs of homeownership
- The importance of good credit
- How to determine how much house you can afford
- Mortgage loan basics
- How to maintain your investment
- Course approved by MSHDA
- Certificate of completion good for one year
Attending both sessions and returning required paperwork fulfills the requirements for certificate of completion. This certificate can be shared with your mortgage loan officer to satisfy the homebuyer education requirement for MSHDA loans and down payment assistance, USDA Rural Development loans and many other lenders.
Related Topic Areas
Community, Family, Homeownership, Foreclosure Education & Counseling, MI Money Health, Home Buyer Education, Nurturing Families, Together We Can, Worksite Wellness, Money Smart, Entrepreneurship, Economic Development, Aging, Caregiving, Managing Relationships, Money Management, Food Budgeting