CANCELED: Homeownership - Maplewood Center
May 16, 2020 10:00AM - 3:30PM
Maplewood Community Center 31735 Maplewood Street Garden City, MI 48135
Contact: Elizabeth Martinez
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO MSU'S RESPONSE TO THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS.
READ MORE ON THE MSU 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE.
The hyperlink should link to: https://msu.edu/coronavirus/.
This homeownership seminar from MSU Extension will provide you with valuable information about the home buying process, and will teach you:
- The advantages of homeownership
- The steps in the home buying process
- The costs of homeownership
- The importance of good credit
- How to determine how much house you can afford
- Mortgage loan basics
- How to maintain your investment
- Certificate of completion good for one year
Attending this session and returning required paperwork fulfills the requirements for certificate of completion. This certificate can be shared with your mortgage loan officer to satisfy the homebuyer education requirement for MSHDA loans and down payment assistance, USDA Rural Development loans and many other lenders.
Cost: FREE (includes lunch)