Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update 2021
December 20, 2021 9:00AM - 4:00PM Registration and light breakfast begin at 8:00 AM for the in-person event.
Registration Deadline: December 18, 2021 - 12:00AM
Contact: Eric Anderson
The Michigan State University Extension Field Crops Team will host the 2021 Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update on Monday, December 20, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. Normally held at the MSU Livestock Pavilion, we held the meeting online in 2020 due to health considerations with the pandemic. Having received positive feedback from attendees about both in-person and online formats, we will be offering the meeting as a hybrid of the two formats this year as a test run. The audience will include farmers, agribusiness representatives, retail sales and service professionals, private crop consultants and representatives of ag-related agencies. Out-of-state participants are also invited to attend.
Here are the top five reasons to attend this event:
- Program participants will receive the most recent MSU Extension recommendations for 2022 potential weed, insect and disease problems, fertilizer practices, crop production best management practices, and emerging issues. These recommendations are based on field research conducted by MSU specialists.
- Program is offered in a timely fashion so that businesses and farmers can make their year-end bulk purchasing decisions based on demand and availability. The timing of bulk purchases can have tax implications.
- Participants will receive a hard copy of the new MSU Extension bulletin E434 2022 Weed Control Guide. Attendees at the in-person event will receive them that day and those attending virtually will receive them in the mail following the event.
- Participants will be eligible to receive 6 MDARD pesticide recertification credits (Commercial/Private Core, 1A) and 6 CCA credits.
- Where else can you receive the latest University field crops research results with the flexibility of attending in-person for important networking opportunities OR from the comfort of your own home without the snowy drive time?
We will also be offering more topic options based on feedback received from past attendees by including two breakout sessions during the day—complete with much-needed stretch/bio breaks! See the online registration page for more details about presentations and speakers.
Register online by December 15th for the in-person meeting or December 18th for the virtual event, both of which include the MSU Extension 2022 Weed Control Guide for Field Crops. Cost for the in-person meeting is $60 per person when pre-registering or $75 per person when registering onsite. Cost for the virtual event is $30 per person. The in-person meeting will include a light breakfast, hot lunch and snacks. Registrants for the virtual option will receive information on how to join via Zoom.